When Body Shamers Attacked These 10 Celebrities, They Fought Back Brilliantly
by N/A, 7 years ago | N/A
It's sort of a catch 22, Hollywood.
People criticize celebrities for being "too perfect," "too skinny" or "not real," but the times stars do embrace their natural bodies, they're shamed for their imperfections. While some celebrities choose to Photoshop their flaws to avoid backlash, these brave celebrities are instead embracing their natural bodies while also shutting down haters in the best way possible.
Keep on being fabulous, ladies!
1. Selena Gomez was criticized for being overweight while wearing a bikini which was deemed "too small" for her.
"It was the first time I'd ever been called fat," Selena said of the criticism. "But it was weird because it's not just, 'Oh, she's fat.' It’s like, 'She's a mess. She's gone off the deep end.' I'm like, because I'm on a vacation wearing a bathing suit? Actually, technically, that is a little too small for me, but I didn't care."
The "Good For You" singer then posted an Instagram picture where she flaunted her body in a bathing suit and accurately captioned the photo, "I love being happy with me yall #theresmoretolove 😂." Yasss, girl.
2. Gigi Hadid was also criticized for her weight in comparison to other models.
She shut them down with one epic Instagram post, and gave her followers some food for thought: "I hope everyone gets to a place in their life where they'd rather talk about the things that bring others down."
3. Khloé Kardashian had been deemed the "fat sister" in her clan for years... until she decided to use the hate as motivation to improve her body.
"It's so funny because I didn't think I was that sister," Khloe told E!. "It did make me strong for sure and being able to endure that stuff but it also makes me realize how like f--ked up people are. How judgmental and how people's words can hurt other people and what affect it does have on them. I understand why some people succumb to eating disorders or just the peer pressure, I do get that. But I'm proud of myself that I didn't and I'm able to walk away and actually say it made me stronger."
After people accused the reality star of re-touching her Complex magazine pics, she posted the un-retouched photos to prove that not much had been changed.
4. Ariana Grande was criticized for being a "stick" and not "sexy."
The "Focus On Me" singer publicly responded to a hateful comment on an Instagram picture, which compared her petite size to that of "curvy" actress, Ariel Winter. Naturally, Ari went on a super amazing Twitter rant about it being nearly impossible for people to embrace themselves as they are. #ShutItDown.
5. Gabourey Sidibe was recently fat-shamed after her sex scene on "Empire," but instead of letting it get her down she came back with the perfect response.
6. Adele pretty much shrugged off Karl Lagerfield's horrible comments about her weight.
After Karl Legerfield criticized Adele for her weight, she had the ultimate response: “I’ve never wanted to look like models on the cover of magazines. I represent the majority of women and I’m very proud of that.” BOOM.
7. Liam Payne used his wonderful sense of humor to shut down haters.
You tell 'em, Liam! The One Direction cutie also posted his BMI (Body Mass Index) on Twitter to show his followers that he had a normal body weight... so take that.
8. Mindy Kaling is busy being too fabulous to care about hateful comments.
The Mindy Project star might be criticized for her weight, but she doesn't have time to care. “If I wasn’t writing/acting in/showrunning my show, I would write long, thoughtful responses to a lot of things," Mindy said.
9. Jennifer Lawrence loves eating too much to care about criticism.
Resolving gif 792def4b5755537f54857cfe8ff3f0ff
J-Law has spoken out about her weight before and she admits, "If anybody even tries to whisper the word ‘diet’, I’m like, ‘You can go f–k yourself.’”
10. No one puts Britney Spears in the corner. And if you do, she'll just straight up call you an asshole.
After a fan reportedly fat-shamed the Pop Princess at one of her shows, Brit Brit appeared to flip out at them with no shame at all.