Other interesting facts about Bruce Lee’s amazing physical accomplishments include:
- Bruce Lee could land a punch in around five hundredths of a second (0.05 second) from 3 feet away, and from 5 feet away it was around eight hundredths of a second (0.08 second).
- Lee could take in one arm a 75 lb barbell from a standing position with the barbell held flush against his chest and slowly stick his arms out locking them, holding the barbell there for several seconds.
- Lee could perform one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger. Lee performed 50 reps of one-arm chin-ups.
- Lee could cause a 300-lb (136.08 kg) bag to fly towards and thump the ceiling with a sidekick.
- Lee could hold an elevated v-sit position for 30 minutes or longer.
- Lee performed a sidekick while training with James Coburn and broke a 150 lb (68 kg) punching bag.
- In a move that has been dubbed "Dragon Flag", Lee could perform leg lifts with only his shoulder blades resting on the edge of a bench and suspend his legs and torso horizontal midair.
- Bruce Lee was able to jump 8 feet from a stand still (this was shown in pictures and his films such as the one where he kicked the lightbulb out).
- Lee could break wooden boards 6 inches (15 cm) thick.
- Lee could throw grains of rice up into the air and then catch them in mid-flight using chopsticks. - Witnessed by many such as Joe Hyams
- Lee could thrust his fingers through unopened cans of Coca-Cola. (This was when soft drinks cans were made of steel much thicker than today's aluminum cans).
His accomplishments almost sound as impressive as Chuck Norris jokes. Who do you think would win between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris? Watch the video if you want to see how Bruce Lee used to light matches.